Raise your hand whoever thinks that the SEO in IG is related to the hashtags. (Wait! A good hashtag strategy can help you to improve the engagement of your account, but this is not it).
Lastly, you might have heard about the SEO in Instagram and, believe us, it works: you must work on finding coherence between the texts and the material that you publish. Each word that you add to your copies can get you closer or away from your potential clients.
What ‘s the trick? Think of Instagram as a search engine, Google’s young brother, that will pass us on to our “perfect user”, the one who is interested in our products/services.
- Include a keyword in your main name and user name. For example, if you are a psychologist, add the word psychologist or psychology to your username and main name.
- Use a secondary keyword in your biography. For example, if you are a psychologist specialized in anxiety and depression, add both words to your biography’s description.
- Use your hashtags as keywords. If your name is Charles Martin and you are a psychologist, you must use a hashtag such as #charlesmartinpsycologist
- Take advantage of Instagram’s alternative text. When you post a publication, in the bottom of it, after adding your location, Instagram now lets you insert an alternative text. There you can add an extract that summarizes the content of your post.
- Use hashtags related to your field in stories.
- Use Instagram’s browser as a search engine. You can publish posts related to your field such as “clinic psychology”, “eating disorders”, “dependence”, “child injuries”.